NOTE: All athletes intending to compete in the 2017-18 school year must have a completed '17-'18 Athletic Participation and Physical Form (both sides must be included-initial the second side) on file in the Athletic Office prior to trying out for a sport.
Step-by-step format to fill out '17-'18 Athletic Participation Form and Physical. '17-'18 APF format.
On-line supplemental insurance format: PDF Document.
- Parent Awareness- (PowerPoint presentation - no formal meeting to be held)
- Immediate- Due date for Athletic Training correspondence with parent/athlete signatures.
- Tuesday, May 23- Men's Tennis Awards, 6:30 p.m. in Leadership Center.
- Wednesday, May 24- Spring Awards (M/W Track, 6:30 in LC; M Volleyball, 7:30 in Theatre).
- Thursday, May 25- All-School physical for 2017-18 school year, 6:30 a.m. in West Gym. (INFO)
- Thursday, May 25- Spring Awards (W Lacrosse, W Soccer), 6:30 p.m. in Leadership Center.
- Tuesday, June 6- Spring Awards (Baseball, Softball), 6:30 p.m. in Leadership Center.
Joey Cifelli, a participant in the Olympic Trials, captured the 2014 and 2015 IHSA state diving championship, setting a state-record score. It was Marian's 11th and 12th individual state titles in Athletics. Marian improved the total to 15 with three state wrestling titles in 2016.
Marian college commitments in February 2017 included (from left) A.J. Anderson (Robert Morris baseball, football), Mallory Olszak (Carroll basketball), Jaylen Scott (Monmouth football), Mae Van Beest (Carthage water polo, Cameron Thomas (Illinois football) and Elisa DiOrio (Benedictine basketball).
School Fight Song
Fight on, you Marian Spartans,
Black and White and Gold,
Fight, you Marian Spartans,
True and strong and bold,
Spartans, we stand with you,
For you all the way,
Hey!, Hey!, Hey!,
On to another Spartans vic-tor-y,
That's our cry!
"Queen of Victory, Pray for us!"
Marian Catholic High School occasionally seeks individuals to fill several coaching positions. Candidates must have a valid teaching certificate or ASEP certification. Marian is now seeking assistant coaches for women's volleyball and linebacker coach for varsity football. Currently (May 2017), no teaching positions are available.
Assistant coach positions for various sports will be listed in this area as openings arise. Interested candidates should apply in writing and send resume to Kevin Kelly, Athletic Director - Marian Catholic, 700 Ashland Avenue, Chicago Heights, IL 60411. More information may be obtained via email at email@example.com.
The Kelly Family represents son and honoree Tim at the ESCC Hall of Fame Banquet.
ATHLETICO Physical Therapy is the Athletic Training provider for Marian Catholic High School. Please click on the logo (left) to visit the Athletico web site.